Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I think thats an excellent question to ask, what is wrong with being right? Honestly I don't think anything is wrong with it. Every one in this country has the right to follow different political parties, after all America is the land of the free and home of the brave. Personally, deciding what political party to join seems stressful. Good for you in knowing what you believe and can strongly support the party, but its also scary to me. Politics still seems so off towards the future for me, but I'm 19. I have been legally an adult now for over a year and still haven't registered to vote or decide what party I should join. So my question for you is, how do you know what party do you belong to? I feel bad that I have the power to possibly make a change in this country, but don't actually use it. We as Americans are blessed to be able to have a voice, but whether we are strong enough to use that voice and announce what we believe will make a difference in the future. There isn't anything wrong with being young and supporting a party that typical young adults don't follow. I Just talked to my friend about the blog and she asked me if I'm a democrat since I'm from New York. My answer was "I don't know." New York is usually always blue when in comes to elections, but it doesn't make me a democrat. I haven't figured out yet if where I'm from should influence me or my beliefs. Like I said it seems so far into the future for me. I have democratic views and republican views, I just don't know. I'd rather be certain about my political beliefs, rather than being iffy and following the masses. Being right isn't wrong, not knowing is wrong.

4 comments:

  1. I am in a very similar situation as you in that I pay very little attention to politics and don't have any clue which party I would identify with. One thing that I take for granted that most people have is the ability to have a voice. You are exactly right that we are lucky to have a say and that we need to utilize it. I am very mixed as well with the affiliations but we are at the point that the government feels we are old enough to help make this country greater. I connect with a lot of your feelings and politics seem a little scary and overwhelming to me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with a lot of things you said here. A lot of people want to use their voice as soon as they can without actually knowing what they are getting into or how to use it correctly. I feel like some people should put more value into how they use their voice instead of just using it immediately. Figuring out what party you belong to and the things you want to support can be stressful and time consuming as well, if you do extensive research. Honestly, I probably won't even consider looking into it until the summer at the earliest. Then i'll have the most time to look over things and think about it without worrying about time and school work or anything. It is perfectly respectable to use your voice for what you believe in but some people need to truly figure out how to use their voice well before shouting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always interesting to chat with people who have not affiliated with a party and get their opinions. Political scientists do find that most people who are independents still do lean one way or the other. Have you thought about views on social issues like abortion, gay marriage, etc.? How about economic issues? Should taxation be flatter and hit everyone more equally, or should it be more progressive, with the burden falling more on the wealthier members of society? Such questions can help you define your thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that as a citizen of this great country it is everyone's duty to vote. People of America need to realize how lucky we are to have such a peaceful process of changing leaders. Many countries are corrupt and voting usually doesnt happen and if it does it is usually fixed. Hannah I realize that you are not engaged in politics but its your civic duty to become educated and think on your own to decide which side of the political spectrum you stand on. Voting is the best and most effective way to let people hear your voice and for you to change what you disagree with in this country. I highly recommend you register to vote. You dont need to align with a party and can remain independent but you should vote and let your voice be herd.

    ReplyDelete